Friday, December 6, 2013

Day 1 - Geographic Mapping Development Work - Ethiopia

Today, I head with a colleague, Dr. Johnathan Bascom, back to Ethiopia to continue work in geographic technology development. This trip is another special opportunity to meet with government ministers and technicians to help the country move ahead in the world of geographic information systems (GIS).

This coming week I will be lecturing and directing the development of a National Spatial Data Infrastructure with my colleague and it should be very exciting work. Right now I am sitting at GRR. Here is our trajectory for the next 24 hours: GRR > ORD > FRA > ADD.

Thanks for reading!  Here are a few pictures of Ethiopia from my last trip.

Coffee is simply the best in Ethiopia!

The amazing landscape from the air.

One of the rock-hewn churches of Lalibela.

No comments:

Post a Comment